- The first one is used to aid in disinfection of tissue and speed up healing
- The second type allows for faster tissue interaction and reduced treatment times
What is it used for?
We use lasers to aid in most of our traditional therapies. We use it to assist in the process of all forms of crown lengthening, surgery, non-surgical therapy, and as an aid to the healing process.
Lasers are good for:
- Tissue disinfection
- Improving the healing of small ulcers and cold sores
- Aiding with the treatment of sleep apnea and in the use of some cosmetic procedures
- Treating pain in the jaw muscles
What are the benefits?
The main benefits of using a laser are:
- They often speed up the process.
- There is a better treatment experience for you.
- Some complex procedures become simpler with the use of a laser.
- The procedures lead to less post-treatment discomfort and swelling.
- The procedure leads to a faster healing process and often a better quality of healing.
Is it painful?
We make sure that the treatment area is thoroughly numb even before we start working. However, this often requires less numbing than traditional therapies. It is common for patients to say they have no post-procedural discomfort once the therapy is completed and when there is some, it will often resolve swiftly.
Armed with our years of experience and ethical environment, you can rely on us to provide you with clear explanations about your options so that you can make informed decisions that are right for you and your oral health.